VITO is hiring: Remote sensing scientist, engineer or IT developer
Do you want to join the world of Remote Sensing?
As a part of VITO, an independent research and technology leader, VITO Remote Sensing offers expertise, knowledge, data, services and solutions in Earth observation. We want to bring the added value of remote sensing, a key enabler in our space economy. From user needs to technology and end-to-end EO support, from drones to aero planes to satellites, VITO Remote Sensing provides insights for diverse applications such as agriculture, vegetation, water & coast, climate, security and infrastructure.
VITO Remote Sensing doesn’t only observe the world, it’s also very much a part of it. From Belgium to Italy or China to Africa, our team serves an expansive network of customers and partners. With more than 80 national and international partners and active in more than 115 countries we offer Earth Observation solutions for both public organizations and industry.
To support our growth, we are seeking to strengthen our service-oriented teams with scientists, engineers and IT developers who have an interest in image processing, big data analysis, machine learning and deep learning techniques in the context of Earth Observation.
- Bachelor or master’s degree in (computer) science, (bio-)engineering, … A PhD can be an asset.
- We’re looking for interest or expertise in one or more of the following domains:
- Image processing, Data Science, Artificial Intelligence & other machine learning techniques
- Programming in higher languages like Python/R/Matlab /… and scripts to automate EO/GIS processes.
- Remote Sensing systems for environment, agriculture, forestry, infrastructure, urban applications…
- Environmental/Spatial Modelling techniques
- Satellite EO datasets of various sensors
- You will be working in a flexible environment (R&D and prototyping) and thus a pragmatic, userfocused approach linking science to services is essential.
- You have an open mind and you work solution oriented.
- You work easily in a team and are equally capable of working independently.
- Given the international nature of this position, an good knowledge of English is essential.
- We offer you a position in an internationally oriented research institute with a competitive remuneration, a package of additional benefits and special attention for work-life balance.
- Our head office is in Mol and we have flex offices in Antwerp (Berchem), Gent and Genk. Additionally, we offer the possibility of working from your home office.
We look forward to hearing from you!