With the intention to further promote the scientific and operational exploitation of Proba-V data, the European Space Agency (ESA) in cooperation with the Belgian Science Policy Office (BELSPO) agreed to organize the second “Proba-V Symposium”.
This event will be hosted in Ostend (Belgium), in the Andromeda Hotel, from 29 to 31 May 2018.
For more information and registration please find the enclosed link: https://nikal.eventsair.com/QuickEventWebsitePortal/proba-v-symposium-2018/esa
The Proba-V mission was launched in May 2013 to ensure continuation of the SPOT-VGT 15 years global vegetation time series, bridging the gap to Sentinel-3 for land applications. After more than 4 years of successful operations, while fulfilling all mission core objectives, Proba-V is consolidating its role as key data provider to the Copernicus Global Land Service and as valuable complement to Sentinel-2 and Sentinel-3 suite of optical sensors.
The Symposium is open to Proba-V users, scientists, students, representatives from national, European and international agencies, operational end-users and value adding industries.
The Proba-V Symposium intends to address the following objectives:
• Provide an overview on current mission status, data quality and Cal/Val results
• Gather the Proba-V scientific and user community and foster collaboration
• Encourage international collaborations on land, water and cryosphere applications
• Reinforce Proba-V’s role as complement to Sentinel-2 and Sentinel-3 missions
• Discuss data harmonization and synergy across sensors/missions
• Provide a forum to report results of on-going science activities using Proba-V data
• Promote the use of Proba-V data for downstream operational services
• Consult the user community to formulate recommendations for products improvements
Copyright © European Space Agency. All rights reserved
Leave a Reply