Caeleste (°2006) solves image sensor challenges by custom design and subsequent supply. Its team of 22 engineers accumulates 100+ years of image sensor experience and as such created important breakthrough in image sensors for space, scientific and medical applications. It holds unique IP related to low noise and high S/N, photon counting, X-ray, time gating pixels, HDR, proton and SE hard pixels.
Caeleste key persons have extensive history in space projects and realize(d) and/or qualified FM image sensors and circuits since 1989, designing many advanced and first-off image sensors.
- Deep cryogenic readout electronic for the ISO/ISOPHOT far infrared telescope
- Radiation tolerant STAR250/1000 and HAS image sensor families
- Electron detecting front-end arrays in the mass spectrometer of Rosetta
- Housekeeping camera’s in the Mars Express, XMM based on Fuga & IBIS-IRIS series.
- Very large monolithic, stitched arrays and hybrid arrays
- APD 3D ranging array for planetary lander
- Design of many ADCs including a space qualified 8bit and 10bit Flash ADC, a 14bits Pipelined ADC for IR image sensors and column-wise high-speed 10bit ADC.
- Designs for CMOS backside illuminated Hyperspectral space imager and large area ultra-parallelized CMOS imager for astronomy
- Development of the ROIC for Large format NIR/SWIR MCT detector
Caeleste is in process of being ISO certified.
As the NewSpace market is taking off rapidly, there are still many challenges to overcome. How can develop optical system…Read More
The “typical Belgian weather” is characterized by a sequence of wet and dry spells, cold and warmer episodes, usually following…Read More