Caeleste (°2006) solves image sensor challenges by custom design and subsequent supply. Its team of 22 engineers accumulates 100+ years of image sensor experience and as such created important breakthrough in image sensors for space, scientific and medical applications. It holds unique IP related to low noise and high S/N, photon counting, X-ray, time gating pixels, HDR, proton and SE hard pixels.
Caeleste key persons have extensive history in space projects and realize(d) and/or qualified FM image sensors and circuits since 1989, designing many advanced and first-off image sensors.
- Deep cryogenic readout electronic for the ISO/ISOPHOT far infrared telescope
- Radiation tolerant STAR250/1000 and HAS image sensor families
- Electron detecting front-end arrays in the mass spectrometer of Rosetta
- Housekeeping camera’s in the Mars Express, XMM based on Fuga & IBIS-IRIS series.
- Very large monolithic, stitched arrays and hybrid arrays
- APD 3D ranging array for planetary lander
- Design of many ADCs including a space qualified 8bit and 10bit Flash ADC, a 14bits Pipelined ADC for IR image sensors and column-wise high-speed 10bit ADC.
- Designs for CMOS backside illuminated Hyperspectral space imager and large area ultra-parallelized CMOS imager for astronomy
- Development of the ROIC for Large format NIR/SWIR MCT detector
Caeleste is in process of being ISO certified.